In order to start the Mat Levels 2 and 3 Quiz, please click “Start Quiz”
NB: You only have one attempt at this quiz!
Pass Rate: 70%
Total Time: 25 Minutes
0 of 46 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 46 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Control; Concentration; and Efficiency are some of the Principles of Pilates?
2. There are 4 Common Faulty Postures?
3. What are the objectives of the Shoulder Bridge (Prep and Full) exercises
4. List 1 of the main objectives of the Supine Spine Twist exercise?
5. How is the Hundreds exercise modified for beginners?
6. How is the Neck Pull exercise modified to make it easier?
7. A Lumbar disc condition requires that compression and severe rotation is avoided
8. Adding props or modifying exercises is necessary to avoid negative movement patterns, compensations, and contraindications and to achieve the desired objectives?
9. A Modification is described as utilizing external apparatus to achieve specific goals
10. The pilates pattern (discipline) referred to as hip disassociation is evident in the Leg Circles exercise?
11. The Hamstring pull exercise can be modified to make it easier for people with tight hamstrings, by bending the knees slightly?
12. The cue used for the Roll Over exercise is: ”Imagine the legs as they go overhead rounding over a large ball”
13. How can the Side Lying exercises be adjusted, if the Quadratus Lumborum is too active?
14. An objective of the exercise “Control Balance” is?
15. Indicate 2 exercises below that should be avoided or modified for neck/cervical issues?
16. The exercise “Open Leg Rocker” should be modified by bending the knees or holding the legs behind the thighs if someone has tight hamstrings and/or weak back extensors?
17. One of the watchpoints of the Bicycle and Scissors movements is to keep the elbows close to each other?
18. The following Muscle is used in depressing the scapula?
19. What are the muscles that work as a forced couple in Pilates and which way are they moving?
20. In the Neck Pull exercise, one of the objectives are to improve spinal flexibility and mobility
21. In the Criss Cross exercise, the main muscle focus is the spinal flexors and rotators
22. In which exercise is the following cue/imagery true: “ During the challenging phase of rolling over onto the knees, imagine someone pulling you up and forward by the belt loops of your jeans to keep the pelvis lifted.
23. The Teaser is made more difficult when a ball is held
24. The Saw exercise should be avoided for people with disc issues
25. In the Spine Twist exercise the movement and breathing pattern is 3 x pulses to the sides with 3 percussive breaths?
26. The seal exercise is often done at or near the end of a Mat work routine as a form of stretching and relaxation?
27. The Spine Twist is done with legs extended and separated a bit wider than the mat
28. The hip abductor muscles that have a secondary job of hip flexion are the Glute Medius & Minimus
29. The Rollover exercise is safe for osteoarthritis clients
30. Which option would advance the Rollover exercise?
31. The following is another name for the exercise Hip Twist:
32. One goal of the exercise Corkscrew is:
33. Which muscles should be utilized to lift the body in the Swan Dive exercise
34. The exercise Jack Knife should be excluded for the following condition:
35. The upper back and shoulders stay in contact with the mat during the exercise JackKnife.
36. During the exercise Control Balance the feet are in dorsiflexion.
37. During the exercise Side Kneeling Kicks the following muscles are utilized:
38. One of the objectives of the exercise Boomerang is to increase the strength of the leg adductors.
39. The Arc barrel can be used as a prop to modify the Scissors and the Bicycle exercise to provide more assistance?
40. A modification for The Side Bend/Twist Position is to be on the elbow.
41. The hip extensors are one of the main muscles used in the Rocking exercise
42. In the Crab exercise, the legs can be extended for an additional challenge
43. Spondylolisthesis is a stress fracture on a small area of the vertebra called the pars interarticularis
44. In the pathology “Spinal Stenosis” flexion exercises are to be avoided
45. Exercise recommendation for the condition “osteoporosis” are to avoid extension
46. Three major factors need to be addressed to make a prenatal exercise program complete, which are 1) Good posture, 2) abdominal strengthening, and 3) Pelvic floor strengthening