In order to start the Mat Level 1 Quiz, please click “Start Quiz”
NB: You only have one attempt at this quiz!
Pass Rate: 70%
Total Time: 15 Minutes
0 of 26 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 26 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. The objectives of the Roll Down Exercise are:
2. The set-up position for the Bridge (Pelvic Curl) position are: (1) “Supine, Knees Bent, Feet flat on the mat hip-width apart, Arms down by your sides, Pelvis in neutral position”
3. In the Toe Taps (Single or Double) exercise the abdominal muscles are used as stabilizers rather than movers
4. The cue/imagery for the Supine Spine Twist exercise is: (1) “Imagine the pelvis turning like a doorknob, with pelvis, knees, and feet as one unit rotating fluidly from side to side”
5. In the chest lift with rotation exercise, the following muscles are the main focus:
6. The main objective of the hundred exercise is to:
7. In the rolling like a ball exercise the client should maintain a consistent curve in the spine from the head to the tailbone.
8. Adding props or modifying exercises is necessary to avoid negative movement patterns, compensations, and contraindications and to achieve the desired objectives.
9. Which of the following tools is used when doing or teaching Pilates?
10. In a typical Pilates session the teacher provides stretching exercises at some time during the class.
11. In the exercise rolling like a ball the following imagery is often used to assist clients with the movement.
12. When lying in prone position the body is on the back.
13. Before preforming the exercise Roll-up the following are prep exercises/ warm-ups that will help the client prepare:
14. Which exercise is done prone with little pulse kicks with the legs using percussive breathing?
15. In the Teazer Prep exercise, you inhale at the top of the roll up position and extend the back?
16. Add-ons (variations) to the abdominal curl/ chest lift exercise are:
17. If the Leg Circles exercise is done correctly it can release lower back tension and remedy SIJ dysfunction
18. The leg Circle exercise is made easier with the use of a Thera-band.
19. One of the main group of Muscles in the Spine Stretch Forward exercise are the Spinal Extensors
20. The position of the bottom arm and hand for beginners in the Side Kick series is on the elbow with the head in the hand.
21. The objectives of the Single Leg Kick is:
22. The Cues & Imagery for the exercise “Single Leg Stretch” is: (1) “The legs are moving in and out like pistons of a machine while the engine remains stationary”
23. One of the muscle groups used in the Double Leg Stretch are the hip flexors.
24. The standing Rolling Down exercise can be used when a client has a herniated lumbar disc.
25. In the “Quadruped (four point kneeling) swimming” exercise the 2 main areas of stability are the Scapulae and the Lumbar Spine.
26. In which exercise do we use the cue/imagery of “A fish on it’s side with it’s tail swooping upwards”?